To our POC (people of color) family — you are loved. Be strong and know that there are people and organizations fighting tooth and nail every single day to support your right to exist. The It Gets Better Project will be by your side until justice prevails and will continue to fight for a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to live equally and know their worthiness and power as individuals.
Below is list of resources serving LGBTQ+ people of color and their communities throughout the United States. Those organizations specifically dedicated to serving young people are highlighted in bold and in italics.
If any of the information we’ve provided below is incorrect, or if there are organizations that we have failed to include, particularly on a state level, please notify our staff at email@example.com. To search for organizations serving LGBTQ+ youth in general, please visit itgetsbetter.org/GetHelp.
- Asian and Pacific Islander Family Pride
- Center for Black Equity
- Familia Trans Queer Liberation Movement (TQLM)
- GAPA: Gay Asian Pacific Alliance
- Honor PAC
- National Black Justice Coalition
- National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance
- Southerners on New Ground
- Trans People of Color Coalition