The It Gets Better Project is a non-profit organization working to uplift, empower, and connect LGBTQ+ youth around the globe.
Our main office in West Hollywood seeks Education Interns (multiple positions may be available).We are located on Sunset Blvd., just a 15 minute drive from UCLA. Applicant’s availability is ideally 6-8 hours, two to three days per week (M-F). We request that all interns bring their own laptops to the office. College students will be able to receive school credit.
NOTE: This opportunity is ongoing, so there is no set deadline to apply.
- Assist the Director of Education in drafting original EduGuides and other materials to accompany the organization’s best original and partner films, books, video series, and more.
- Assist organization staff with distribution of all educational materials, which could include drafting social media graphics, text, and email communications.
- Help coordinate education volunteers, including writers and designers.
- Contribute to grant research, event planning, and more in connection to these efforts.
- Proficient with Mac computers and have their own laptop
- Familiar with the G Suite
- Interest in current events and social media
- Knowledge of AP style
- Familiarity with Common Core
- Experience in curriculum development
- Basic understanding of Adobe products (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects InDesign)
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.