Are you a teen or college GSA leader – or a teacher, counselor, community leader, parent, or friend – looking for content to help uplift, empower, and connect LGBTQ+ youth? Or are you searching for stories to help educate current and future allies? Then look no further!
The It Gets Better Project has produced and partnered on a number of video series, films, books, and more that are perfect for a group screening, book reading, or presentation. Check out our growing list of options below:
- It Gets Better: VH1 (9 videos, 2018)
- Coloring with Max and McKenna (8 videos, 2017-2018)
- Finding Pride (33 videos, 2010-2017)
- It Got Better (3 seasons, 18 videos, 2014-2016)
- Fearless (9 videos, 2015)
- Bayard & Me (16 min, Documentary Short, 2017)
- This Is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous (1 hr 31 min, Documentary, 2017)
- Check It (1 hr 30 min, Documentary, 2016)
- First Girl I Loved (1 hr 30 min, Drama/Romance, 2016)
- Out & Around (1 hr 25 min, Documentary/Adventure, 2015)
- Queer, There, and Everywhere: 23 People Who Changed the World by Sara Prager (YA Nonfiction, 272 pages, 2017)
- Boy Robot by Simon Curtis (YA Fiction, 432 pages, 2016)
- It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living edited by Dan Savage and Terry Miller (YA Nonfiction, 352 pages, 2011)
If you’re up to the task, we encourage you to host a screening and/or book reading of your own of one of the above items with the help of our original EduGuides (available to download for free at itgetsbetter.org/Education).
Our staff is also available to host a screening, book reading, or presentation for your group either in-person (if you’re located in the Los Angeles, CA area) or via a video call. Please reach out to our staff with inquiries or for more information at email@example.com.