We know the best way to reach LGBTQ+ youth is online – and what better place to do it than on TikTok? Since joining TikTok’s Creative Learning Fund (CLF) in 2020, we’ve amassed an audience of hundreds of thousands of LGBTQ+ youth who come to our channel for a safe space, to ask the questions they can’t ask anywhere else and find their own online queer community. We couldn’t do it without our amazing TikTok Creators – read below to learn how you can join us. Check back to see when applications are open next!
Want to create TikToks with us?
Become one of our TikTok Creators! You might be a good fit if you’re an LGBTQ+ TikToker who:
- Understands TikTok “energy” and trends, and what grabs and keeps people’s attention on the platform.
- Is in tune with what LGBTQ+ youth ages 13-18 need to hear, what pop culture they’re tuned into, and the energy they want to see on TikTok.
- Has availability to respond to trends, current events, and It Gets Better campaigns and projects over a 6 month period.
- Is comfortable shooting and editing clips together.
- Has a commitment to equality and diversity, with a respect for others and their beliefs.
- Loves to educate and can touch on complex topics in a condensed format, while keeping things entertaining.
- Has a culture of acceptance and kindness surrounding your own channel and followers.
- Is aligned with the It Gets Better Project’s mission to uplift, empower, and connect LGBTQ+ youth around the globe.
Benefits for Creators
In addition to payment, our It Gets Better TikTok Creators also…
- Receive a feature on our website and socials, plus some exclusive It Gets Better merch.
- Get connected with one another to collab and share ideas and resources.
- Gain insider tips and tricks from our friends at TikTok.
- Have the opportunity to work with us on other projects, campaigns, initiatives, and brand collabs to support LGBTQ+ youth!
Ready to join?
Check back to see when applications are open next!
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to stream for us on Twitch? Find out how here.