We’re currently seeking multiple Volunteers to assist our education staff in writing EduGuides for primarily middle and high school level audiences that accompany some of our most promising media content (see itgetsbetter.org/education for examples). Both in-office, if in the Los Angeles, CA area, and remote opportunities are available. Dates/times to volunteer can vary based on available projects.
TO APPLY: please send a cover letter/email with a link to your LinkedIn account, or a website with examples of your work, to email@example.com. (NOTE: This opportunity is ongoing, so there is no set deadline to apply.)
- Assist the Director of Education in drafting original EduGuides and other materials to accompany the organization’s best original and partner films, books, video series, and more.
- Assist organization staff with distribution of all educational materials, which could include drafting social media graphics, text, and email communications.
- Help coordinate education volunteers, including other writers and designers.
- Experience in curriculum writing and development
- Intermediate knowledge of how to use the G Suite by Google
- Familiarity with Common Core and other state education standards
- Written fluency in both English and Spanish