Reports to: Director, Communications & PR
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Probation: 30 days/1 month
Location: Based in Los Angeles, CA
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental (covered 100%)
Position Summary. Reporting to the Director, Communications & PR, the Web Developer will be responsible for designing, coding, and modifying the It Gets Better Project’s online hub at ItGetsBetter.org. The role will be charged with ensuring the website is visually appealing and user-friendly with clear navigation to support the self-guided educational needs of LGBTQ+ youth.
- Utilize scripting or authoring languages, project management tools like Monday.com, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Engage with various cross-functional teams to prioritize needs, develop content criteria, develop solutions and helping to manage conflicting priorities.
- Conduct website content and tech updates.
- Develop and execute test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Contribute to the designing of website content, and supporting team members who produce content. Collaborate with graphic designer on website graphic updates, email template updates, and other design features related to ItGetsBetter.org.
- Maintain an understanding of the modern web technologies and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Identify problems uncovered by customer feedback and test, and correct or refer problems to appropriate personnel or vendors for correction.
- Evaluate front end code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Understand user needs, business requirements and conduct requirements analysis.
- Routinely scan and familiarize yourself with the websites of other non-profits in the LGBTQ+ and youth space.
- Strong commitment to the It Gets Better Project’s mission and ability to articulate the work we do.
- Experience building sites based on SEO, accessibility, and customer-focused best practices.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of websites.
- Ability to communicate timelines and deadlines and set reasonable expectations for delivery.
- Comfortable working with a vast library of content that pertains to LGBTQ+ youth and offering suggestions and recommendations on how to best index, tag and optimize content for easy searchability on ItGetsBetter.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or related field, or relevant experience.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other design software.
- Experience with graphic design and working with graphic designers.
- Familiarity with fundraising, CRM, and e-mail marketing programs (i.e. Classy, Tiltify, Campaign Monitor, and Salesforce)
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.