*Applications are closed. Applications are currently being reviewed.*
Position: Social Media Strategist
Reports to: TBD
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Probation: 30 days/1 month
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, and Commuter
Position Summary: The Social Media Strategist supports the day-to-day management of the It Gets Better Project’s social media channels, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Twitch and YouTube.
- Schedule social media calendars and manage the daily postings
- Engage consistently with It Gets Better social media community
- Moderate conversations happening on It Gets Better social media platforms
- Oversee social media “newsjacking” and viral response strategies
- Develop weekly and on-the-fly flash campaigns to engage users on social
- Execute multi-department (Media/Partnerships, Executive, and Education/Global Programming) social media initiatives, optimizing for each social media platform
- Responsible for tracking emerging platforms where Gen Z audiences are engaging
- Assist in developing It Gets Better online youth voice with Media and Marketing teams
- Compile monthly reports and analytics of social media performance for master brand channels, as well as It Gets Better Global Affiliate social channels.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Media teams in developing the larger strategies around each social media platform, and make recommendations on improving results
- Help keep track of influencers, bloggers, online communities, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Media teams on cultivating relationships with influencers and bloggers, and engage them on social media channels as tied to various IGBP campaigns
- Work at major events as assigned; including occasional evenings and weekends
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, Tumblr, TikTok, etc.) and related trends
- Outstanding written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Understanding of AP style
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Sprout Social or other social posting software is a plus
- Must be a creative, reliable and conscientious self-starter with strong time-management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some travel may be required
- Related experience and/or degree in a related field (media, communications, marketing, public relations)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.