Position: Director, Brand Marketing, Content & Creative
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Probation: 30 days/1 month
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
The Director, Brand Marketing, Content & Creative is a strategic and creative thinker who can lead all It Gets Better brand storytelling efforts and other integrated marketing initiatives across various on- and offline channels. This individual will also be charged with identifying and cultivating short- and long-term strategic partners to support the visibility, growth and overall impact of the organization.
- Develop a fully integrated campaign calendar representing all enterprise verticals — and the processes and procedures by which it is managed. Establishing timelines for all stages of marketing and content creation.
- Define and lead execution of a digital content strategy that supports and extends traditional marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, in addition to furthering the objectives of the organization’s global storytelling initiatives.
- Ensure all content is on-brand in terms of style, quality, tone of voice, and is optimized for search and user experience across all channels of distribution including ItGetsBetter.org, social media, email, special events, etc.
- Direct and manage the marketing team consisting of a Content Strategist and a Social Media Strategist.
- Work in concert with colleagues to assure integration of all aspects the organization, including education, global outreach and fundraising.
- Manage marketing and media agency relationships on the execution and measurement of campaigns and plans.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics relevant to young LGBTQ+ audiences (ages 13-18), while maintaining a strong point of view and educating customers to drive critical behavioral metrics.
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness and alignment with core organizational values, annual goals and objectives. Gather and analyze data to support strategic decision-making. Oversee periodic competitive audits.
- Enhance existing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing.
- Ensure consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language. Proven track record overseeing digital, social and editorial teams.
- Ability to collaborate across enterprise verticals to brainstorm, build and launch innovative initiatives. Can lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve goals.
- Advanced knowledge of brands and agencies, and the ability to integrate into planning and campaign development.
- Adept with the development of both short-form content and real-time (live streaming) content creation and the associated distribution strategies and tactics.
- Can clearly articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects while adhering to strict timelines and budgets.
- Solid understanding of basic principles of digital marketing
- Excellent negotiator and mediator. Incredible people skills.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications
(Sprout) and other leading social media monitoring platforms.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control.
- Comfortable with acting as the company’s spokesman and advocate via media
appearances, interviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising or related communications and/or business field. MBA a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience in results-oriented, integrated digital marketing initiatives and multichannel/multicultural content creation (publishing, journalism, film, TV, web, etc.).
- Experience designing and managing paid media strategies.
- Proven sales and account management experience.
- Understanding of current issues impacting LGBTQ+ young people today.
- Working knowledge of major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Workplace by Facebook, Airtable, etc.).
- Multilingual (Spanish) a major plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.