The It Gets Better Project is a non-profit hybrid production company that creates pro-social content to give hope and inspire changes for LGBTQ+ young people around the globe. Our main office in Los Angeles seeks a Media Intern for the summer semester.
We are located on Sunset Blvd., just a 15-minute drive from UCLA. Internships can be made virtual, if need be. Applicant’s availability is ideally 6-8 hours, two to three days per week (M-F). We request that all interns bring their own laptops to the office. College students will be able to receive school credit and may qualify for a stipend.
- Assist in in-office video shoots
- Edit video content using the Adobe Suite
- Assist in fact-checking, copy editing and posting It Gets Better videos to the website/social channels
- Track press, contribute ideas to web/tv/film development
- Analyze social media impressions and engagements.
- Aid in drafting and tracking social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram
- Support in crafting blog posts
- Researching current and potential partners
- Must have a PASSION for advancing LGBTQ+ rights and acceptance
- Proficient with Mac computers and have their own laptop
- Familiar with the G Suite
- Interest in current events and social media
- Basic understanding of Adobe products
- Knowledge of AP style
Stipends are available for individuals PASSIONATE about advancing LGBTQ+ rights and acceptance. Fall Stipend: $1,500