The It Gets Better Project is a non-profit hybrid production company that creates pro-social content to give hope and inspire changes for LGBTQ+ young people around the globe.
Our main office in Los Angeles seeks a Media Intern or Volunteer to start immediately. We are located on Sunset Blvd., just a 15 minute drive from UCLA. Applicant’s availability is ideally 6-8 hours, two to three days per week (M-F). We request that all interns / volunteers bring their own laptops to the office. College students will be able to receive school credit.
- Assist in in-office video shoots
- Edit video content using the Adobe Suite
- Assist in fact checking, copy editing and posting It Gets Better videos to the website/social channels
- Track press, contribute ideas to web/tv/film development
- Analyze social media impressions and engagements.
- Aid in drafting and tracking social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram
- Support in crafting blog posts
- Researching current and potential partners
- Must have a PASSION for advancing LGBTQ+ rights and acceptance
- Proficient with Mac computers and have their own laptop
- Familiar with the G Suite
- Interest in current events and social media
- Basic understanding of Adobe products
- Knowledge of AP style
Stipends are available for individuals PASSIONATE about advancing LGBTQ+ rights and acceptance. Fall Stipend: $2,000
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com