Our main office seeks multiple interns for our education program. We are located on Sunset Blvd., just a 25 minute drive from UCLA. Applicant’s availability is ideally 6 hours (10am-4pm), at least 2 days per week (M-F), although time commitments are negotiable and remote opportunities are also available. All interns must have their own laptops. College students will be able to receive school credit, and a financial stipend is available for all interns on a semesterly basis.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter/email with a link to your LinkedIn account to email@example.com. (NOTE: This opportunity is ongoing, so there is no set deadline to apply.)
- Assist the Director of Education and Global Programming in successfully introducing It Gets Better EDU materials, stories, and other LGBTQ+ educational content into school settings, at community events, and more both online and in-person (particularly throughout the Los Angeles area).
- Aid in expanding the organization’s portfolio of original EduGuides and other materials to accompany the It Gets Better Project’s best original and partner films, books, video series, and more. Ability to assist with translations of these guides into languages other than English is a plus.
- Monitor our Get Help resource database and ensure all information therein is up-to-date. This may require periodic email and/or phone outreach on behalf of the It Gets Better Project to other LGBTQ+ organizations from time to time.
- Contribute to grant research, curriculum development, event planning, and more in connection to the above mentioned efforts.
- Proficiency in using Mac computers and access to your own laptop
- Intermediate knowledge of how to use the G Suite by Google
- Interest in the development and proliferation of LGBTQ+ education
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience working in WordPress
- Basic understanding of Adobe products (Photoshop, InDesign)