Looking to bring LGBTQ+ stories into a classroom near you? Look no further.
The It Gets Better Project has produced and partnered on a number of video series, films, books, and more that are perfect for classroom presentations and GSA meetings. Check out our growing list of options below.
Our staff and trained volunteers are available to host a presentation for your group online via Zoom or another video conference platform. To request a presentation,
For other inquiries, email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coloring with Max and McKenna (8 videos, Lifestyle)
- Fearless (9 videos, History)
- Finding Pride (33 videos, Personal Narrative)
- It Got Better (3 seasons, 18 videos, Personal Narrative)
- Out In Front (5 videos, Activism)
- Queer Kid Stuff (9 videos, Pre-K to 3rd Grade Education)
- Bayard & Me (16 min, Documentary Short)
- Moonlight (1 hr 51 min, Drama)
- Behind the Curtain: Todrick Hall (1 hr 40 min, Documentary)
- Check It (1 hr 30 min, Documentary)
- Out & Around (1 hr 25 min, Documentary)
- This Is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous (1 hr 31 min, Documentary)
- When We Rise (8 episodes – about 44 min. each, Docudrama)
Books & Written Stories
- Boy Robot by Simon Curtis (YA Fiction, 432 pages)
- It Gets Better (YA Anthology, 338 pages)
- Project Contrast (YA Nonfiction, 100+ stories)
- Queer, There, and Everywhere: 23 People Who Changed the World by Sara Prager (YA Nonfiction, 272 pages)
All of the items listed above come with an EduGuide that’s free to download from our website. These are colorful, “how-to” materials that make it easy for you to share our stories with your audience. Each EduGuide comes with discussion questions, activities, and more that make for an engaging presentation.
Just click the item’s respective link above to learn more, and watch the video below to learn how to put together your own presentation.
To learn more, go to itgetsbetter.org/EduGuides.