About It Got Better
It Got Better is a 2014 to 2016 original video series created by Hypomania Content and Is or Isn’t Entertainment in association with the It Gets Better Project that ran for three seasons on Lexus’ online channel, L/Studio. The series shares LGBTQ+ celebrities’ personal stories of overcoming obstacles, putting their struggles and successes in historical context to provide a powerful and inspirational message for people facing similar challenges.
- Type: Docuseries
- Genre: Lifestyle
- Length: 3 seasons – 18 videos, between 6-10 min each
- Available On: YouTube
About the EduGuide
You can download our official EduGuide guide for It Got Better by clicking the large white button above. Our guide will walk you through each episode in the series, asking you to think critically about the stories you watch. It’s intended for young adults (YA) ages 14+, or those already in late middle or high school, but it can be adapted for younger and older audiences as needed. You can follow this guide on your own, with your GSA, during family night, or in a classroom. The options are limitless.
The 18 videos featured in It Got Better are available to watch for free on YouTube and have been arranged here for easy viewing. Just click the links below to open the individual webpages for each season:
- Season 1 (6 Videos) – trailer
- Tim Gunn, Jane Lynch, George Takei, Jason Collins, Tegan and Sara, Laverne Cox
- Season 2 (6 Videos) – trailer
- Rosie O’Donnell, Nate Berkus, Portia De Rossi, Janet Mock, Andrew Rannells, RuPaul
- Season 3 (6 Videos)
- Wanda Sykes, Candis Cayne, Raven-Symoné, Adam Lambert, EJ Johnson, Ian McKellen
To learn more about the educational materials and opportunities the It Gets Better Project currently provides, please visit itgetsbetter.org/edu.