Are you a teen or college GSA leader – or a teacher, counselor, community leader, parent, or friend – looking for materials that can help you uplift, empower, and connect LGBTQ+ youth? Or are you searching for stories to help educate current and future allies? Then look no further!
Here at the It Gets Better Project, we’ve created a number of EduGuides to accompany some of our best videos, films, books, and more. There are colorful materials that make it easy to share It Gets Better stories with any audience. Each EduGuide comes with discussion questions, activities, and more that make for an engaging presentation.
We currently have EduGuides for the following materials available for free download:
Video Collections & Series
- Coloring with Max and McKenna (1 Season, 8 videos, 2017-2018)
- Finding Pride (Video Collection – 33 videos, 2010-2017)
- Bayard & Me (16 min, Documentary Short, 2017)
- This Is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous (1 hr 31 min, Documentary, 2017)
- Check It (1 hr 30 min, Documentary, 2016)
- Out & Around (1 hr 25 min, Documentary/Adventure, 2015)
Books & Written Stories
- Project Contrast (YA Nonfiction, 100+ stories online, 2018)
- Queer, There, and Everywhere: 23 People Who Changed the World by Sara Prager (YA Nonfiction, 272 pages, 2017)
- Boy Robot by Simon Curtis (YA Fiction, 432 pages, 2016)
To learn more about It Gets Better EDU, check out itgetsbetter.org/education.